wedding count down

Promote My Wedding
Wedding Ticker from PromoteMyWedding

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Facials

Today was a LONG awaited facial. I love getting them. I always feel refreshed and relaxed afterwards. Plus it makes me feel very pampered.
I owed Sarah a couples facial for her birthday and today was the big day that we got it. We were super excited because we were going to try a MUD Facial. Something neither of us have ever experience before. Our appointment was at 10:30 am and we got there confirmed our appointment was a COUPLES MUD FACIAL and filled out the paper work. We were waiting patiently when a Russian women with a heavy accent called out my name. She took me to this room where I got to see my face under a black light. To see all the sun damage and oily and dry spots I have. Sarah followed and we soon realized that the receptionist made a BIG mistake and had someone else taken the couples room. I was seriously upset. I kinda made a big scene. I didn't mean too...its just that we CONFIRMED that it was a couples facial. She kept apologizing. But didn't really fix anything. WHICH is one of my biggest pet peeves! Don't just keep apologizing FIX IT. But we decided to go our separate ways and have our own rooms. Sarah said she enjoyed her facial. Which makes me happy. Mine on the other hand was a new experience. The lady that was doing my facial was an older lady with a HEAVY Russian accent. Most of the time I just smiled and nodded my head. She talked to me the whole time during the facial. So it wasn't as relaxing as I'm accustomed too. Now I've never really thought that I have bad skin. But she was telling me all the flaws on my skin and giving me a lecture on how I need to take care of it more. Now some people would totally have taken offense to the things that she was telling me. But for some reason I found it quite humors. She was trying so hard to make this an enjoyable experience for me because she knew I was upset about what happened. It was quite an experience today. But I'm glad I got to spend time with my best friend! Hopefully its a story we can look back on and laugh!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was laughing so hard when I read this. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

BECKY said...

So I had a fabulous time reading your whole blog. :) You have some really great picture posts! It was fun to meet you and it will be fun to see your updates! You are a happy person!