wedding count down

Promote My Wedding
Wedding Ticker from PromoteMyWedding

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

NETFLIX

I decided that I should try out Netflix for the FREE 2 week trial. My good friend Anna does Netflix and she told me she likes it a lot. She also told me you could watch movies online as well. That got me really curious, because I can just hook my computer up to my flat screen and just watch in on my television like a regular movie. Which is pretty freaking AWESOME!!
So I'm HOOKED I don't know how I've lived with out Netflix for this long. I just go online and rate movies at work all day and queue movies to come to me. Its pretty wicked. I haven't gotten my first movie yet, I ordered "Crash" on Monday so I should be getting it today. I'm super excited. I've decided because I rate movies all day I'll give you a break down of what I've watched so far and why I've rated them the way I did. These are the movies I've watched instantly over Netflix.

Vanity Fair: I will have to give the movie 2 out of 5 stars. This movie is a big disappointment. The only reason why I'm even giving this movie 2 stars is because Reese Witherspoon is in it and the costumes that they wore are freaking awesome. The movie is about a witty governess trying to movie up in society. Not caring who she hurts in the process.
Something I find very comical about this movie is years pass but nobody but the kids get older. They all look the same at age 20 to their mid 40-50. Also the director put in an Indian flair to the movie. Which doesn't really make sense. The movie is very jumpy and confusing. I didn't like it at all.

Ron White "they call me tater salad": I will have to give this movie 5 out of 5 stars. I love this comedian he is so freaking funny. He has a sarcastic sense of humor that I love. There is a bit of swearing, but you can get the edited version. You have to watch this! I was laughing so hard.

One night with the king: I would have to give this movie 3 out of 5 stars. The only reason why I wanted to watch this movie is because by the picture it looked like it would have to do with the Egyptians. I was totally wrong!! Its about a Jewish girl that gets picked to be the wife of the king. You can really tell this was a low budget film. The acting was bearable, the script really needed some work. But the think that I found the most humorous was the kings make up. It seriously looked like he had a fight with the mascara. Plus he seriously used some fake tanning lotion. So over all it was ok, I don't think I'll ever watch this movie again.
North and South series; Last but certainly not the least. I give this a 6 out of 5 stars. This seriously is the best series/movie I have seen in my whole life. It leaves me speechless. The actors were perfect. The script perfect. The picture PERFECT. It reminds me of a Pride and Prejudice kind of thing. It seriously is such a good movie. I think guys could get into it too. Best romantic series and I loved it so much I bought the book to read. I've watched this FOUR hour series TWICE!!! I think I will have to watch it again, because I get something new out of it. Plus, I love empowering women stories. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch this movie. I want to share the love for this movie. If you can't find it, contact me and I will hook you up some how. Its that good!!!!















1 comment:

Dani said...

the only reason why i would watch vanity fair is b/c robert pattinson (aka: edward) is in it. or at least, he was supposed to be and he got cut or something. i dunno. I HAVE TO WATCH NORTH AND SOUTH! and read the book!! can't wait :o) haven't heard of the jewish one before. and i'm not a huge fan of tater salad....his comedy isn't that appealing to me.