wedding count down

Promote My Wedding
Wedding Ticker from PromoteMyWedding

Monday, September 8, 2008

My beloved dog POODI

My beloved dog Poodi past away 08-27-08. She was paralyzed from her waste down from a stroke she had during the night. She was in so much pain we decided the best thing is to end her pain quickly, so we put her to sleep. We buried her in our back yard with her babies (Black kitty and White kitty). We feel that is where she would have wanted to be placed.
She was seriously the best dog ever. She was always happy and loved us so much. She was such a smart and talented dog. She could do so many tricks for a piece of cheese. One of my favorites was making her "sit pretty" and then yell "BANG" and she would fall down dead. It was so cute the way she would do it over and over again.
One of my fondest memories of Poodi is when we first got her. It was about eleven years ago and we were dropping some of our old toys/clothes off at the DI. When we arrived at the DI we found one of the workers there crying. After talking to him we realized that he was special needs and he was sobbing about a dog. We found out that he was feeding a stray puppy with his lunch for a couple day now and his employer told him he was going to call the pound on the dog that night and get it taken away. So obviously the worker was pretty upset. He begged for my mom to please take the puppy. My mom was touched and told the Special needs man that she would give the puppy a good home. My mom took the dog and handed it to me! We were so excited!! We have never had a real pet before, besides gold fish. Upon closer examination we realized that the puppy wasn't really a puppy it was a full grown Chihuahua mix. We fell in love with her in minutes. She was so sweet, she wouldn't stop licking us. When we brought her home we gave her a nice bath. She went to bed with my mom and that night Poodi made her rounds and slept with each of us that night. She loved us and was very protective of us. I loved her so much and I still do. I hope she knows how much we love and miss her. She was the best dog ever and I will never forget her. I love you Poodi! I know your in a better place and I know I will see you again!

1 comment:

Dani said...

i almost cried when i read this.... :o(

i'm sorry poodi died. but at least her suffering is over. she loved you and she knew you loved her.

RIP poodi.