wedding count down

Promote My Wedding
Wedding Ticker from PromoteMyWedding

Monday, September 8, 2008

ToE SuRgUrY

WARNING!!!! The images that I'm about to show you may cause:vomiting, gasping, fainting, dizziness, coma, loss of sight, black outs, memory loss, heart failure, psychotic fits, shortness of breath, pregnancy, and in some rare causes DEATH!! I recommend if you are feeling any of these symptoms to please seek medical attention IMMEDIATELY or call your local police station the number is 911.

BUT for those of you who like to walk on the wild side and laugh in the face of danger please read on........



I woke up 09-03-08 Wednesday morning with a sharp pain in my toe. It was an inflamed ingrown toe nail. I was half asleep and wanted to go back asleep so I took a pain pill and went back to bed. I woke up late that morning for work and was frantically getting ready. I didn't realize tell I was able to think that my toe really hurt. It was the worst I've seen my toe for a long time. This is what it looked like:


PICTURE: A (close up)
I took a picture of my toe and sent it to several people on my phone. Just to get a feel of what I should do. The general consensus what to go get it checked out. So I decided I would leave work early. I text my brother and he was really sweet and he offered to take me to the urgent care. I asked him to bring his camera. (I had to update my blog about this!) Here is another picture of my toe from far away:
Picture: B
Don't you just love my sparkly care bear tattoo? I told them I had to get a tat to be apart of the gang I was in. The nurse just looked at me like I was PSYCHO! Here is another picture of my toe from a medium distant:
Picture: C
Now I'm sure your thinking what is that shiny stuff on my in flamed ingrown toe nail. Well I'll tell you. I was at work. Flaunting off my ingrown toenail. Telling them it was pretty painful and that I would have to leave early and just trying to gross them out. One of my friends had a wonderful idea. She had some numbing tooth stuff and she thought it would work on my toe to numb the pain a little bit. So I was like what the heck, why not. So I put it on my toe. Yeah, didn't work! But you should have seen the reaction my doctor gave me when I told him what was on my foot. Yeah, he thought I was PSYCHO, that's TWO!

Anyways the doctor decided to remove the toe nail. They kept saying over and over again how rare it is to remove an ingrown toe nail from the second toe and not the big toe. I guess I'm just special! So the doctor numbed my toe. That is where this picture comes in:
Picture: D
This picture is after they put shots in my foot. My brother was standing next to me and he was taking pictures and the kept looking up at my brother. I'm sure he was thinking, "What the crap! These kids are PSYCHO! Strike THREE! This is what my toe looked like after it was numb:

Picture:E

Isn't it awesome how all three of my toes are freakishly huge. Then here comes the surgery. The Doctor came in and cut my toenail in half and then ripped the nail out. The thing is he ripped a lot of skin with it. That is what you can see in the back ground of this picture:

Picture: F

All better!!! Now my toe feels a 110% better. I just wanted to give a shout out to my brother. He did an excellent job on the picture taking and keeping me laughing while the doctors were gone. Thanks BUBBY! To all of you that have read my blog I hope I didn't gross you out to much. Tell we meet again!

3 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

Oh gross. Seriously gross. I used to get those in my big toe. But he just took the whole nail off? So you don't have a nail anymore???? EW!! Sorry you had to go through that girl.

Sarah said...

Owie. So how is the recovery process and the nail regrowth? :( Your brother did too good of a job with pictures! lol

Dani said...

good god...i hope that never happens to me.....