wedding count down

Promote My Wedding
Wedding Ticker from PromoteMyWedding

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Timpanogos Cave


This weekend 9-20-08 my brother and I decided we should go hiking. We wanted to get a really good work out. We promised each other that if its rains or shines we would go. So we both decided to go hike Timpanogos. Its been ages since the last time we both went up there. Jeff was 9 and I think the last time I went was when I was 15 with my best friends Sarah's family. The first time I went I remember it being really hard and my mom crying. The second time I went with Sarah I still remember it being hard and stopping a lot for her dad. So I was a little nervous to see what was going to happen. But I was Super excited as well. I bought a really cute Camelback water pouch. Its green and brown and insulated so I can take it snowboarding with me too.

That's me in the pink. I look pretty sexy I must say! lol


Here's me again. My brother was so thankful that I wore a bright color jacket because he wouldn't have been able to see me if I hadn't. (I'm the pink dot)
So the hike wasn't as bad as I remember. IN FACT my brother and I went up and down the trail TWICE! Yes, we did it twice. That means we went three miles up hill and three miles down hill and .5 in the cave. The reason was we weren't suppose to start our hike tell 1:50 and our tour through the cave was at 3:20. My brother and I got our ticket at noon. What are we suppose to do for 2 hours right? So we just decided to hike. We hiked it pretty fast and didn't stop. We were up at the very top at 12:42. We rested for a little bit like ten minutes and figured out that we can't even go into the caves for another couple hours. So we decided to look around a bit and go back down the mountain and have our lunch we packed. So that is exactly what we did. We ate our lunch and then climbed the steep trail again. This time it wasn't as easy, but we still had a quick pace. Passed adults and children crying. We still didn't stop not even at this part!

Yeah, its pretty intense. This is the part where my mom cried the last time we went. But we made it again for the second time so we could go inside the caves. We got up there about 2:40 and had to wait tell 3:00 before they would let us go in. It was pretty cold and really pretty. Its so incredible how they found the cave. My bother and I now have the fever. We have to keep hiking and next spring we signed up to go cave hiking. Its pretty wicked and I'm excited to go.Here are some of the things we saw in the cave, the stalactites and stalagmites, thousands or even millions years old. Nature is such a treasure!My favorite the heart of the cave. This stalactite use to be two but then grew together. It grew so slowly that it saved all the minerals for its self and that's why it became so huge. It weights over 2 tons. One of the guys in our group asked the tour guide if it was a women's or man's heart. The guide just looked at him like he was crazy. She said she wouldn't know. Then the man said I think its a women's heart because its "COLD and HARD" lol. I laughed so hard.

Well that was a fun adventure with my brother. We had such a good time that we decided that we will make this a tradition. We plan on going on another hike and rock climbing in two weeks and then when it gets cold we will go snowboarding. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha, I remember the picture from that hike when we were in junior high!! We were so young! I think it's been that long since I've been up there too. I want to go again. I can't believe you went up twice. You guys are crazy, but what a fun tradition! :)

Sarah said...

Oh, and you do look dang sexy.. you pink dot... rooaar!

Anonymous said...

There needs to be some more up-close pictures. I cannot see how sexy you are from far away.

Dani said...

damn. i've never hiked timpanogos...i want to.

Ben and Camille said...

tell me what you think of the movie!